Posted on April 24, 2012, in How do you define success?, Inspiration, Living life to the fullest and tagged Canadian Authors Association, cancer, Paul Copcutt, personal branding, what is my life purpose. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.
Writer, laughing thinker, miner of inspirational insights, sports fan, and community volunteer
". . . never wait for science to give us permission to do the uncommon." ~Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Follow Somerton Smith on WordPress.com
Tell me your stories. Send me a message at:
Copyright ©2014I love it when people share my posts, but please respect the copyright and give me the credit. Thank you! ©2014 Arlene Smith
- 25 years of marriage: Just getting to the good stuff wp.me/pTgAN-1qF 23 hours ago
- The Warner Brothers Harry Potter studio tour near London is excellent. Very cool to walk down the real Diagon Alley. http://t.co/dwpqhl7b1c 1 day ago
- From rosebud to rose hip: aging gracefully wp.me/pTgAN-1df 4 days ago
- I would love to know the stats on hour many times per hour the word "Wow" is uttered at the British Museum http://t.co/R9PkCgjaqX 6 days ago
- There are worse ways to spend an afternoon than enjoying a fruit scone with clotted cream at Buckingham Palace http://t.co/lNfMS3NDk9 6 days ago
Read my book reviews: Wednesday Book Review
Things a Little Bird Told Me: Confessions of a Creative Mind by Biz Stone ISBN-13: 9781455528738 Grand Central Publishing, 2014 Few people know what it is like to create something that reaches out to almost every part of the world. Few people know what it is like to go from being couch-cushion-scrapingly poor to stutteringly […]
I am taking a summer break for a few weeks. In the meantime, you can read some past reviews of books I recommend highly: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot You’ve never heard of Henrietta Lacks? I’m not surprised. But you should get to know her, because she has affected your life, the […]
Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth by Reza Aslan ISBN 9780679603535 Random House, 2013 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth. I have not come to bring peace, but the sword.” —Matthew 10:34 Reza Aslan begins Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth with the above quote above as the […]
Basu’s subtle humour and discerning assessments make this an enjoyable read—unless you’re looking for a page-turner.
The bookstore owner was right. This story has teeth, and I like it.
- Arlene Smith Arlene Somerton Smith Art Belief Book Review Christmas stories Environment Fundamentalism good faith Gratitude How do you define success? Inspiration Just for Fun Living life to the fullest metaphor modern faith nature Nostalgia outreach Poetry progressive christianity quantum theory quote reading religion science spirit story taking care of our planet writing
Best blogs from the past
Blogs I Follow